Welcome

Friday, June 3, 2011

About Should commercial trucks take the Lincoln Tunnel or the Holland Tunnel when travelling into New York City

Should commercial trucks take the Lincoln Tunnel or the Holland Tunnel when travelling into New York City?
I'm a trucker travelling into New York City from New Jersey. The clearance of my truck is 12' 6". Should I take the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels?
Other - Cars & Transportation - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
you can call them but i was tire man for a trucker and i put new tires on the front and he could not get into the tunnel.. he was upset with me.. you can get that info form the port authority.. http://www.answers.com/topic/holland-tunnel read this the clearance is 12 ft 6 inches.. same as your truck you might get stuck ok but i tried to help.
Answer 2 :
Take the Lincoln Tunnel or the GW bridge....trucks are prohibited from the Holland Tunnel. I used to deliver to Hunt's Point all the time & I always took the GW Bridge. Here's the site for the NY/NJ port authority: http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/tunnels/html/restrictions.html

Read more other entries :